No free lunch
The pantheist knows that the price paid for a product, namely a god,1 are the costs of production. And those costs are G.O.D.2 (i.e. Pan3) applying itself4 to the process of creating5 order from disorder.
The gods,6 for instance, smart humans,7 reduce the production price by tweaking G.O.D. In other words, they invent an order, therefore a product, designed to reduce the production price8 and then superimpose it on G.O.D.
Indeed the gods, as local order systems, emerge naturally9 as natural10 production tweaks that both reduce production cost and increase production efficiency.11
An order, a god, invented by a god12 (for instance by a human who is smart(-ing)13) serves to cultivate the natural order. Cultivation, that is to say, culture is a tool14 used to reduce the price of natural ordering, meaning the price of life,15 and improve survival efficiency.
In other words, the gods cultivate G.O.D., that is to say, natural16 ordering, with their own order, namely culture.17
© 2018 by Victor Langheld
1. For ‘god’ (writ small) read: and elaborated, hence localised (because identifiable) order transmitting specific emergents. The henotheist worships one selected order, hence a god. Henotheisms (i.e. selective monotheisms such as Judaism or Shaivism; or monarchy; or soccer, the Chinese takeaway or a holiday ion Morocco) reduce survival costs and increase survival efficiency, hence make smart predators.
2. For G.O.D. (writ large) read: General (hence natural) Ordering Device. The pantheist worships the natural order, hence G.O.D. He is easy prey.
3. Pan is an ancient Greek word meaning: All
4. Application, resulting in production, is violent, merciless, pitiless and ruthlessly selective. The gods (i.e. the production products, namely the natural world as it appears to us during a sunny Sunday afternoon walk in the countryside or woods) serve as G.O.D.’s pretty (or glorious) face.
5. For ‘creating’ read: producing, which actually means arranging, possibly within a quantum condensate, formerly misnamed ‘ether’.
6. For ‘gods’ read: emerged from G.O.D. as (one-up) elaborated thus more complex orders that generate unexpected emergent qualities or properties (and processed as products).
7. Humans emerge as the most complex one-up fractal elaboration of G.O.D.’s basic one-down ordering algorithm. The evolution of the human, that is to say, of G.O.D.’s most sophisticated and perfect elaboration to date was and continues to be a violent and brutal affair.
8. The price is the true costs of coming to life and surviving, to wit, the lunch. G.O.D. the whole universe, actually functions as a gigantic automated production facility (i.e. an automaton) creating ever more complex products (i.e. all, including humans, automatons) that transmit ever more sophisticated emergent qualities or properties. G.O.D., the universal production plant has both unlimited time and unlimited disordered resources. Not so G.O.D.’s products (i.e. ITS local elaborations), i.e. the gods as products. Because life is costly (i.e. painful) and transient, the gods need to rapidly reduce their survival costs and increase their complexity to achieve survival efficiency if they are not to be deselected.
9. Naturally because wholly recursive, albeit differentiated, hence localised elaborations of G.O.D.
10. Nought happens beyond nature, i.e. beyond G.O.D.’s ordering response.
11. And which happens with increasing complexity
12. A fractal elaboration of a fractal elaboration of a fractal elaboration and so on.
13. And experiencing a very depressing ‘dark night of the soul.’ That human seeks to reach the bright light at the end of her dark tunnel in the hope of gaining a vision of the problem solution and which will stop her smarting with pain, the latter signalling that her survival capacity has decreased.
14. In other words, as device or machine, hence a set of rules (or algorithm).
15. For ‘life’ read: lunch
16. Here ‘natural’ means basic or one-down, hence simpler.
17. Cultural ordering generates one-up, hence more complex and sophisticated outcomes, i.e. monarchs. One-down reversion generates less, complex, less sophisticated outcomes, i.e. the plebs. Thus do the gods overrule G.O.D. in G.O.D.’s and their own best interest.