Revisiting the notion of the purpose of (a and every) life
Note: the cool pantheist realizes that no truly honest person would claim to have a complete knowledge about how life actually works and to what actual end, if any. All the pantheist does is describe the frame of functions of adulthood.1
A2 life unit’s3 basic function4 is to survive.5 The drive to survival is blind.6
A life unit7 propagates as bounded8 thermo-dynamic system.9
To continue10 a life unit responds by transferring energy from alternate life units and by scavenging their ‘casing’11 components. A life unit succeeds at surviving by adapting its ‘casing’ to optimise its energy and hardware component scavenging capacity.
The shape of a life unit’s ‘casing’12 records13 its adaptation pathway responses.14
The actual purpose of a life unit emerges as response to a local15 need which when satisfied upgrades and so sustains its basic non-local survival drive.
© 2019 by Victor Langheld
1. In other words, the pantheist explains optimal adult behaviour, and which is that of an autarch (monarch). Pantheism, the view that each life unit is and so operates as God, hence as a sort of Robinson Crusoe, represents the mature adult view of life and how it should be led. Henotheism represents the infantile view of life whereby its theos serves as adult role model. Temples and mosques are where infants are groomed by priests for service to the benefit of some self-selected individuals (e.g. cardinals) or group.
2. i.e. any, thus all (pan).
3. For ‘life unit’, i.e. from sub-atomic particle to bacterium to hamburger to hedge fund, the pantheist understands: God as survival driven impersonal (because prior to attributes) set of emergence rules (Sanskrit: Brahman).
4. i.e. its primary driver and which is common to all. Nowadays the survival driver is conceived as algorithm of the Universal Turing Machine type. An algorithm operates as set of constraints or rules that order turbulence.
5. i.e. to continue, like a wave. The survival function pathway (or data-base) emerges as response to turbulence and is represented by its form (or ‘casing’).
6. i.e. open, unfocussed, universal, indiscriminate, i.e. like gravitation or an ocean wave. By responding with increasing power, complexity and the development of memory a life unit emerges (hind-) sight as data relationship processing.
7. i.e. a (i.e. any, thus all) ‘thing’ (as reified dat-streaming process), i.e. as identifiable quantum of is’ness emerging as non-random phenomenon.
8. i.e. limited, as it were ‘encased’ or en-formed; ruled by constraints, thus regulated.
9. That is to say, like a charged (as in an atom) or rechargeable (as in a living thing) battery.
10. For ‘continue’ read: survive, at least that is how human life unit’s experience continuance.
11. For ‘casing’ read: physical shape. A life unit’s ‘casing’ consists of its stored input/output responses.
12. i.e. of its qualities or attributes. (Sanskrit: gunas).
13. i.e. its prior scavenging contacts as data base as ‘hard copy.’ Nature serves as ‘hard copy’ (or ‘book’) of the God function of universal survival via actual, local emergence.
14. The pantheist seeks understanding and guidance from God (i.e. as him/herself and all others selves) by understanding nature in contrast to the henotheist who gets his/her knowledge and guidance from ancient story books.
15. For ‘local’ read: conditional on selected constraints/rules..