God isn’t merciful
In infancy humans are imprinted by their elders with the notions that ‘There is only one God’, ‘God is great’, ‘God is merciful’ and that good things happen ‘with the help of, or by the grace of God’ and so on.
The first moment after birth/start-up. The infant’s eyes are blank because it can’t yet make sense of, relativize what it seems to see. Likewise its other senses. What it actually experiences is the ‘bright light at the end of the tunnel.’
According to Jesus, this is the closest the human ever gets to experiencing G.O.D., that is to say, the basic operating system of life.
Later, during adolescence, that is to say, during transition to adulthood, and when the survival struggle begins in earnest, humans continue to reinforce those imprints by but add the notions of ‘mine’ or ‘our’ to that of God. Though not publicly stated, the adolescent privately believes that ‘There is only one God, mine (or ours)’, ‘My (or our) God is great’, My (or our) God is merciful’ and good things happen to me ‘With the help, or by the grace of my (or our) God’ and so on.
The mature adult, mature because imprinted by everyday experience, believes that God, and which she now understands as the acronym G.O.D., has no mature everyday qualities other than the generalised capacity to generate and elaborate ever more complex identical copies of ITSELF in/as real-time qualities.
Such real-time qualities emerge as side-effects of the increased elaborated order complexity. And (all) elaborated orders emerging as they do as identical, albeit differentiated copies of G.O.D., serve as g.o.ds, namely as super-imposed means of achieving even greater complexity, thus more elaborate qualities.
So the qualities of ‘great’, ‘merciful’, ‘good’ and ‘helpfulness’ and so on belong not to non-qualified G.O.D. but, as emergent effects, to ITS qualified copies.
In short, the g.o.d.s, that is to say, all the emerged differential quanta that make up this and all universes, happen as qualified, hence niche elaborations of the wholly recursive G.O.D. function, therefore as localised G.O.D. applications, thus essentially as G.O.D. content, and are therefore properly called ‘g.o.d.s’.
Next: The Pantheist’s heaven
© 2018 by Victor Langheld
God isn’t merciful
In infancy1 humans are imprinted2 by their elders3 with the notions4 that ‘There is only one God’5, ‘God is great’, ‘God is merciful’ and that good things happen6 ‘with the help of, or by the grace of God’ and so on.
Later, during adolescence, that is to say, during the transition to adulthood and when the survival struggle begins in earnest, humans continue to reinforce those imprints but add the notions of ‘mine’ or ‘our’ to that of God.7 Though not publicly stated, the adolescent privately believes that ‘There is only one God, mine (or ours)’, ‘My (or our) God is great’, ‘My (or our) God is merciful’ and good things happen to me ‘With the help, or by the grace of my (or our) God’ and so on.
The mature adult, mature because imprinted by everyday experience,8 believes that God, and which she now understands9 as the acronym G.O.D.,10 has no mature everyday qualities11,12 other than the generalised capacity13 to generate and elaborate ever more complex identical copies of ITSELF in/as real-time qualities.
Such real-time qualities emerge as side-effects of the increased elaborated order14 complexity. And (all) elaborated orders emerging as they do as identical, albeit differentiated copies of G.O.D.,15 serve as g.o.ds, namely as super-imposed means of achieving even greater complexity, thus more elaborate qualities.16,17
So the qualities of ‘great’, ‘merciful’, ‘good’ and ‘helpfulness’ and so on belong not to non-qualified G.O.D. but as emergent effects to ITS qualified copies.
In short, the g.o.d.s, that is to say, all the emerged differential quanta18 that make up this and all universes, happen as qualified, hence niche elaborations of the wholly recursive G.O.D. function, therefore as localised G.O.D. applications, thus essentially as G.O.D. content, and are therefore properly called ‘g.o.d.s’.19
Next: The Pantheist’s heaven
© 2018 by Victor Langheld
1. ‘Infancy’: derived from the Latin word infant, meaning ‘unable to speak.’ By extension also unable to meaningfully see, hear, smell and touch. This was, in fact, the ancient Indian (indeed mystic) description of the nirguna Brahman/ the unqualified God, i.e. of God as simple singularity with unlimited (Sanskrit: ananta) capacity/flexibility to generate (i.e. self-copy and self-elaborate) complex (and more limited) singularities, i.e. niches operating as ‘god’ies’ or ‘selfies’.
2. For ‘imprint’ read: impress or stamp on. Imprint is here taken to mean: install a rules template, some of the rules having been compressed and transformed into formal notions-as-icons.
3. For ‘elders; read: the powers that be. In Genesis 1 & 2 called the ‘Elohim’, that is to say, ’The Powers.’ The term ‘elohim’ was derived from the Sumerian name ‘El’ ≈ God and which was later transformed into the name ‘Allah.’
4. For ‘notion’ read: fantasy or fiction; to wit: ideas that become beliefs.
5. Monotheism. Some cultures evolve from polytheism to monotheism to henotheism (i.e. as one particular selection of rules). Others revert from henotheism either back to polytheism (as in Hinduism) or to pantheism (i.e. ‘All is God’) and which is fundamentally extreme polytheism.
6. That ‘bad things’ also happen ‘with the help of God’, as when God makes the Adam ‘alone’ or when God changes sides to support the army with the bigger guns, is rigorously denied.
7. This is the transition from pure monotheism (and pantheism that states that All are the merely differentiated One) to henotheism, that is to say, from the belief in ‘One God’ to that of ‘My (or our) One God.’ The ‘My (or our) One God’ belief (of adolescence) generates the greatest, because most divisive political leverage and, consequently, as fanaticism (or passion) serves to improve one’s survival chances. In adolescence, egotism or egocentrism, the most efficient response that supports personal survival and which is so prominent because vital in infancy, is now further extended and elaborated before it is mellowed by circumspection and survival probability calculation towards altruism, later to universalism. In late adolescence the maturing human changes from being a ‘sucker’ (i.e. from inputter, receiver) to being a ‘spitter’ (i.e. to outputter. transmitter).
8. Now instructed by nature (i.e. the God PAN), i.e. by the base facts of the survival struggle, rather than by culture and which seeks to weaken or eliminate that struggle. Nature consists of the other ≈ alternate gods transacting as merely differentiated and elaborated G.O.D. copies/clones.
9. At first vaguely as intuition. Later on as direct experience.
10. For the acronym G.O.D. read: General (i.e. universal) Ordering Device, meaning: the Basic Operating System of generating order from disorder and in the process creating identifiable realness.
11. In other words, G.O.D. can have no other name (as verbal icon) but the nominalisation of ITS basic or ground function, namely ‘Creator’, and ITS local self-application the name ‘Creation.’
12. In other words, G.O.D. has no qualities (Sanskrit: gunas), meaning specific limitations/rules, by which IT could be grasped/cognised. Qualities (such as mercy, goodness, hate, envy; sight, hearing and so on) emerge with increased specific self-limitations ≈ elaborations resulting from increased complexity. In short, G.O.D. functions as simple and universal ordering device (i.e. as basic rules template) with unlimited self-copying and re-ordering (i.e. rebirthing) capability and ‘is’ as it were blind, deaf, dumb, insensate, unreal, without identity (i.e. relativity) and without any emotion, thought and so on. All of the latter qualities (as ongoing albeit discrete functions) gradually emerge (or evolve) in G.O.D.’s wholly recursive fractal elaborations (i.e. ITS selfies or g.o.d.ies) and of which the human now serves as ‘the best G.O.D. could manage under the circumstances.’ In harsher terms, G.O.D serves as qualities-yet-un-emerged ground operation and the human currently serves as best (i.e. fittest, most perfect) surface representation therefore as the best real identity G.O.D. could so far elaborate and emerge. All the other ‘thing’s making up the universe represent alternate self-elaboration outcomes ≈ emergents.
13. The automatic (hence self-) function (as machine) of primary (i.e. one-down) ordering, hence of initial and simple self-elaboration, meaning selective self-limitation, is non-local, i.e. general, i.e. universal. Secondary (i.e. one-up) ordering, meaning creating a more complex elaboration by means of increased selected limitation (and discreteness) produces locality (i.e. a niche effect) and whose emergent side-effect, i.e. the side-effect of increased complexity, is original and unique (albeit unpredictable). The unpredictable side-effect-as-emergent of increased complexity is ‘natural’ (meaning: of inherent nature) to that locality.
14. A quantised (i.e. as discrete unit) elaborate order presents as a world or universe, i.e. as a locality or niche, to itself. It transacts, thus transmits its own (German: eigen) emergent qualities or properties German: Eigenschaften).
15. Because wholly recursive.
16. A specifically limited, thus defined, thus discrete and @ rest, i.e. in homeostasis, @ min. entropy emergent (as quantum, i.e. as a discrete niche representation) of an undefined (in the product’s real-time reference world) rules template is generated by a violent, indiscriminate production process. In short, G,O.D’s action is blind, because automatic and random, and violent. All ordering is violent. Hence G.O.D.’s ordering function is merciless, without pity or compassion, without love or hate and so on with regard to the localised copies, such as the human, which IT generates. Moreover ITS emergents-as-products, the g.o.d.s, (i.e. its selfies as sons and daughters of G.O.D. and running the same basic self-elaboration operating system) not only revert to, if put under survival pressure, the brutal violence of G.O.D’s basic (i.e. one-down or ground) ordering function, but with increasing complexity they also emerge (i.e. transact) local high-survival-value functions (or qualities) such as mercy, pity, generosity, compassion, peace bringing, hate, jealously and so on. In short, human qualities rightly belong to humans, not to G.O.D.
17. The word ‘quality’ (or even property, i.e. what is proper to it) hardly describes the meaning of what the emergent does. The emergent transmits (i.e. impacts or contacts with, hence transacts karma) a unique and original, hence random message that ‘makes a difference’ (and so is reborn as re-identified reality). However, what that message (or quality) transmits, namely its meaning, is decided by the receiver’s response and which depends on his or her message reception and processing set-up.
18. The product ≈ effect (or affect) that emerges in/as its own real-time locality responds to its own (or German: eigen) complexity and elaboration dependent message (i.e. quality) in, through and outputs. In other words, one-up emergent qualities (or response modes) are not found in one-down production (i.e. transation) modes. In other words, the quality of mercy, compassion, hatred, kindness and so on happen in the human world and not in a pre-human (hence G.O.D.’s) world.
19. All existing g.o.d.s, that is to say, all the ‘things’ that actually make up the universe all qualify as ‘winners’ (i.e. ‘the fittest’) because they have survived so far. Thus the whole universe as it exists now, or, more specifically, nature as it’s doing its thing, is not just perfect but heaven indeed, the happy abode of winners.