Seeing up the arse of God
Apparently it was Moses who first saw the ‘backside’ of God. Happily for the naïve and childlike he didn’t describe in graphic detail what he actually saw. Later on Michelangelo painted God showing his arse, i.e. the naïve version, on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican.
‘The arse of God’ is a metaphor for the dark underbelly of creation, hence of God. And the functions within that dark underbelly, hence the functions of the creative process as such, are extremely violent, without compassion, mercy, pity, love or hate.
Seeing up ‘the arse of God’ means looking directly up the food chain, i.e. up God’s intestinal tract, and experiencing the sheer, paralyzing horror of empathising with the death throes of each living system that was first created by violence, then had its moment of god-like glory only to be exterminated by violence.
Those who enter God’s intestinal track via his arse experience their sojourn there as ‘dark night of the soul’ and when the reality of the natural and so brutal process of creation fully reveals itself.
Exiting God’s intestine via the mouth reveals God’s face, wondrous to behold, amazing, awesome, brilliant to the point of immolation.
The awesome face of God, that is to say, the current surface structure of creation, happens as the end state of niche elaboration, and which is then used and used up as expendable initial state for further elaboration.
So it that God’s face, namely the world as it presents itself, is the momentarily best, most perfect self-elaboration-cum-emergent-fact that the G.O.D, hence PAN, automaton could generate under given circumstances.
Seeing up the arse of God
Apparently it was Moses who first saw the ‘backside’ of God.1 Happily for the naïve and childlike he didn’t describe in graphic detail what he actually saw. Later on Michelangelo painted God showing his arse, i.e. the naïve version, on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican.
‘The arse of God’ is a metaphor for the dark underbelly of creation, hence of God.2 And the functions within that dark underbelly,3 hence the functions of the creative process as such,4 are extremely violent, without compassion, mercy, pity, love or hate.5
Seeing up ‘the arse of God6’ means looking directly up the food chain7, i.e. up God’s intestinal tract, and experiencing the sheer, paralyzing horror of empathising with the death throes of each living system that was first created by violence, then had its moment of god-like glory only to be exterminated by violence.8
Those9 who enter God’s intestinal track via his arse10 experience their sojourn there as ‘dark night of the soul’11 and when the reality of the natural and so brutal process of creation fully reveals itself.
Exiting God’s intestine via the mouth12 reveals God’s face,13 wondrous to behold, amazing, awesome, brilliant to the point of immolation.
The awesome face of God, that is to say, the current surface structure of creation, happens as the end state of niche elaboration,14 and which is then used and used up as expendable initial state for further elaboration.
So it that God’s face, namely the world as it presents itself, is the momentarily best, most perfect self15-elaboration-cum-emergent-fact that the G.O.D, hence PAN, automaton could generate under given circumstances.16
© 2018 by Victor Langheld
1. Exodus 33:22-23: “And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.” In the past 100 years archaeological and ancient scriptural forensic examination have revealed (See the work of Israel Finkelstein at al) that both Exodus and Genesis were fictional accounts (i.e. fake news) about early Israelite ‘history’, in other words, fraud. No hard evidence has been found for the existence of Abraham or Moses and the exodus from Egypt. It is now generally accepted, save by Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious fanatics, that both Exodus and Genesis were ghost-written by corrupt Israelite ‘elders’ during the ‘Babylonian Captivity’ with the intention of providing the Jewish tribe with an historical identity.
2. In short, the horrific production line of all natural and artificial phenomena (i.e. emergents) rather than the beautiful appearance/face of the finished product (as transient emergent). Every single bit/component of the finished product, say your brand new sparkling Lamborghini or I-phone or tasty pizza, is wrought and assembled, i.e. digested, decomposed and then assimilated, by sheer (albeit mindful) violence.
3. The creative process as such, that is to say, the ‘production line’ as decomposition, reconstruction and assembly process, that creates the beautiful finished product, is elsewhere called (the inferno of) HELL (as digestive tract) and which Dante fantasised about in nauseating detail. Hell, i.e. the decomposition and reconstruction line of creation, i.e. God’s dark underbelly, that is to say, the decomposition operation that extracts useful lower order systems and energy in order to evolve/construct higher order systems, which, when finished shine as the face (or skin) of God (i.e. creation). It’s the glorious face of God upon which the eyes of the naïve are focussed.
4. Like the natural functions of the intestinal tracts of all mammals and of which the human is but one variation. The natural decomposition, reconstruction and assembly operations are recursively applied, i.e. copied in the production line of all artificial intelligence products, that is to say, in all tools that increase survival capacity.
5. So much for the sheer hypocrisy of the Hindu (and Gandhi’s, and the Jain’s, but not the early Buddhists’) call to ahimsa (non-violence) and which is specifically directed at the cow as representing life itself. Note that India is the 2nd largest exporter in the world of cows for slaughter. Even today frenzied, non-violent Hindus acting as religious robots will beat a Muslim to death because they accuse him, usually falsely, of having butchered a cow. Between the violent Big Bang that allegedly started the phenomena of the universe via its violent ordering into those phenomena and the eventual violent decay into maximum entropy/disorder, each step/stage of ‘creation’ is the result of violent interaction.
6. For God read: (the acronym) G.O.D as ‘General Ordering (hence constraining) Device (as Basic Operating System or Platform), hence an algorithm.
7. Or any production line, be that of your beautiful new motorcar, I-phone, washing machine or nail clipper.
8. The genuine, because complete mystic sees both the attractive face of GOD and ITS horrific repellent intestinal tract, i.e. the violent means of which the face emerges as enticing after-image. Rarely does a mystic have the will or guts to report both observations. After all, no emerging, hence naïve human really wants to know the whole truth about creation (or evolution). Compassionate parents and teachers direct the attention of the young to the awesome and wonderful face of GOD. Seeing the arse of GOD (or any local god-as-replicant) scares the hell out of people, specifically the young and naïve. GOD’s arse, namely the sheer brutality and violence of the natural process of life, gradually comes into view as humans age and get trampled underfoot by life.
9. Specifically pantheists, i.e. God-as-nature worshippers, and the few who are transiting from one popular local (hence heno-) theistic belief system to another.
10. Namely those who fall ‘behind the curve’ (of creation) and of whom it is said: ‘the devil (i.e. the decomposition line) gets the hindmost.’ God’s face (i.e. the finished product presenting for selection) surfs the edge, hence is in front of the wave and therefore enjoys the sheer freedom of the thrills and spills of being ahead of the game. Both being ahead of (and the joyful feeling) and behind the curve (and the hellish feelings the latter induces) are common experiences, though the latter is often denied. The ancient Indians imagined the ‘wave’ or ‘surge’ of life as a great wheel, called Samsara, on top of which a rare few who perform well enjoy the awesomely beautiful view and beneath which the rest, who perform badly, are crushed to death (i.e. are de-selected), thereafter having to endure countless re-births and re-deaths. Escape (Sanskrit: moksha) via the Upanishad mode, to the ever constant, ever at rest, hence painless hub of the wheel, and which some called Nirvana, others Brahman, and which became the great Hindu ideal, was in fact the option of losers. The original escaper routine of the Veda was surfing the top of the wheel by generating perfect performance of artha, kama and dharma.
11. The dark tunnel (as unresolved problem) at the end of which one enters the light (i.e. enlightenment as side-effect of problem solving). From which follows that to get to the light - and the vision behind it (i.e. the problem solution) - one needs to pass through a dark tunnel first.
12. Meaning: Evolving (or developing upwards, i.e. towards greater complexity) as it were from the common, lower complexity formless (because not yet generating/ordering an emerged phenomenon), (flexibility) limitless ground of the creation operation (Meister Eckhart’s God ground) to the uncommon, extreme surface, that is to say, to the newest and most sophisticated emergent effect/response (i.e. God’s face) as current self-elaboration end state presenting as the most brilliant, the most awe inspiring ‘Word’ (or logic unit) (so John’s Gospel).
13. For God’s face (or God/Pan as current expression of the whole ordering platform) understand: The current, differential emergent effect/state of the common (hence universal) self-ordering platform. Human, hence local niche or eco qualities such as compassion, love, hate, pity, arms, legs, livers and so on all happen as (expendable) emergents generated by the human’s state of complexity and response need.
14. Meaning: The current end state of the creation process in which each created bit, such as the human, serves as relative hardware manifestation, that is to say, as expedient means/tool (hence Natural Intelligence bite) capable of communication (i.e. transmission) by means of contact. Human generated tools serve as Artificial Intelligence.
15. For ‘self’ read: the B.O.S., to wit, the Basic Operating System as blind, self-activating automaton grounding all local self-ordering systems.
16. What is cognised (i.e. god or god’s face) is the limited, differential thus formal thus uncommon application/emergent of the relative to the application/emergent unlimited, common self-ordering, thus organising system named GOD. The reason GOD cannot be cognised by the human-as-emergent (i.e. a god as local wholly recursive albeit differential iteration of GOD) is that the human measures and so cognises by means of the parameters of its emerged state rather than by means of the parameters of the state from which it emerged. In short, as Protagoras aphorism: ‘Man is the measure of all things’ and which includes his/her notion of GOD. Protagoras’ aphorism appears to have been a slick verbal compression of the ancient Indian story of “The blind men and the elephant.”